The information we gather and how it is used
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. earthlink.net) and an IP Address (e.g. 220.127.116.11). When a visitor requests a page from within the Callaghan Insurance website, our Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
The IP Address of the Site that may have Referred you.
- Your IP Address
- The Web Page that you may have linked to us from, if any.
- The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 4.5)
- The Operating System platform that you may be running (e.g. Macintosh or Windows)
- Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or Lycos)
- There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today.
We attain this information for two reasons:
- So we can examine visitor traffic and make sure that the site is compatible for the various web browsers and operating systems that visit our site.
- So we can analyse visitor patterns, search engine terms and referring URLs and take necessary steps to strategically enhance our search engine ranking and company exposure.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your Web Browser from our Web Server. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that may have been created from other sites. The callaghaninsurance.com website utilizes cookies as a means of providing personalization features to our visitors. For example, we utilize cookies to remember settings (background music selections, wallpapers preferences, etc.) that you may have made at our website.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
Other information we may request?
We may also request your e-mail address for the purpose of adding you to our mailing list or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the enquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict “No Spam” policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent.
In addition, Callaghan Insurance will not send you e-mail that you have not agreed to receive. If you are a member of our Mailing List, you will be contacted with announcements, news and new products or services. You have the option of “Unsubscribing” from our Mailing List at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Callaghan Insurance will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Callaghan Insurance.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Callaghan Insurance, or visitors of Callaghan Insurance.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Callaghan Insurance uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. Callaghan Insurance reserves the right to transfer information in connection with the sale of all or part of Callaghan Insurance capital stock or assets to any third party. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.